January 9, 2008

Kisses by an open window

Okay, I'll admit it: I'm a sweater. No, not in the "lovely black woven v-neck adorning me right now" sense. More like the "goodness, have I been drooling or did the wet mark on my desk drip off my forehead even though it is January in northern NJ" sense.

Starting to feel a bit squeamish, and overwhelmed by the intoxicating effect of high heat on musty newsprint, I discovered one of my new favorite things about five minutes ago and just could not wait to share. Kisses by the window.

Now, don't get ahead of yourselves - this is not the beginnning of some racy office love story. Rather, left alone and unsupervised, I stole away to the copy room, pushed the window to the fire escape open as far as it would go, and took a seat on the filing cabinet below.

For a moment, I relished in the cool, lionesque breeze sweeping in from the faux spring blooming outside. But it didn't take long before my eyes caught the green, red and silver foil wrapping, conspicuously containing leftover holiday Hershey's Kisses and glinting seductively in the flourescent light.

I know what you're thinking - Hershey's Kisses? Trust me, they are just lovely. Go. Find. Eat.












Mmmmmmmmm.


***


Ingredients
Hershey's Kisses, any flavor, no limit
An open window, preferably with a cool breeze blowing from without
A perch (stool, chair, filing cabinet)


Instructions
Sit back, take a deep breath and let the chocolate do its thing.

No comments: