July 10, 2008

Last days are sad


I woke up this morning to find the sun shining, the humidity gone, and myself feeling incredibly lost. 

Yesterday was my last day of work. I cleaned out my desk, ate delicious "goodbye" lemon meringue pie, listened to a poem about myself, finished my last article and even got the kick ass-est going away party ever! 

And still, today I'm kind of sad. So kind of sad that I woke up early because I didn't see the point in sleeping in. And once up, I tried to login to my office e-mail account, only to find it had already been canceled. I'm crazy, right? Sadness and work on what is essentially a day off?? I'm seriously deranged.

I'll have to wait it out. It's nothing a little California sunshine won't be able to fix, and I'll have that in just a week. In the meantime, I have sugar. 


Last days are sad. But giant Smarties are happy. 

No comments: