September 2, 2008

Tuesdays With Dorie...



If it really came down to it, I'd say that the two guiding principles in my life are: a) Don't be afraid to try new things, and b) Find solace in baked goods.*

It is in that spirit that I present - dum-da-da-duuuum - my very first Tuesdays With Dorie post (new thing!), which is all about Chunky Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Chocolate Chipsters (sweet baked goodness!) from Dorie Greenspan's Baking: From My Home to Yours. (The Chipsters were chosen by Stephany of Proceed With Caution.)  

The written part of this post is going to be pretty short since, well, most of my allotted blogging time this week went to figuring out how to embed a slideshow** (see above) on this site.*** 

Let me just say that these cookies are incredible. In case their name doesn't make it clear enough, they contain chunky peanut butter, oatmeal and chocolate chips, pretty much rolling America's top three cookies into one Super Cookie. Since that of course wasn't enough for me - a girl needs a lot of baked good comfort after a week of 12-hour days behind a computer screen - I added raisins. These cookies are sweet, salty and fruity, soft in parts and crispy in others. This is the Frankenstein of the cookie world, but with much, much, err, tastier results.  

* I also believe in being a good person, but it's so much easier to be good after indulging in a really good cookie. 

** Slideshows are among the many, many new computer-y things I learned how to create when I started school last week. Unfortunately, no one mentioned how to get said computer-y creations to show up on the Web. Gah!! 

*** Any feedback on the photo slideshow experiment - like it, love it, hate it, your site sucks, etc. - would be much appreciated. 

***

Per the Tuesdays With Dorie rules, I won't post a recipe for the Chipsters. Anyone who's dying to try these cookies, though, has two options: Experiment with your own cookie recipe by adding any or all of the Chipsters' key mix-ins, or buy Dorie's book. At the very, very least, I'd say the book is worth a flip-through at a bookstore; it is just lovely. 

8 comments:

darius said...

You have four containers of cookies! Send me one!!!!

Lori said...

Find solace in baked goods - now that's a motto I can get behind! You're funny....and your cookies are great, too.

Teanna DiMicco said...

Love that slideshow! So cool! Welcome to TWD!

Shelby said...

Buying the book was the best purchase decision I ever made! Welcome!

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

I love this cook book! I have not found one recipe I did not like.

Pamela said...

Welcome to TWD! Cool slide show. Nice job with the cookies. :o)

Ellen and Tom said...

Welcome to TWD! I'm right there with you on guiding principle #2! Your cookies look great - fancy slideshow!

Bungalow Barbara said...

Love your slideshow! And your cookies look great!