September 23, 2008

TWD Dimply Plum Cakelets

Sweet plums. Spicy batter. At once summer's last hurrah and an ode to the cooler temperatures already - OMG - setting in, I can't think of a better way to ring in autumn. Even if I am a little sad to see summer go. 





Oh wait - a better way to say hello to fall would be if my oven were capable of baking these all the way through. Thankfully, while par-baked cake batter looks a little funky, it tastes very, very good. 


***
Dimply Plum Cakelets
As chosen by Michelle of Bake-en from Dorie Greenspan's Baking: From My Home to Yours  for this week's Tuesdays with Dorie

The recipe for this cake, the perfect summer-into-fall dessert, is very easy to find (here, for example) for those who don't own Dorie's book. 

My "cakelet" spin was borne of the fact that I actually don't own a cake pan. Cookie sheet? Of course. Muffin tin? Sure. Cake pan? Not so much. 

8 comments:

Lori said...

that's a brilliant idea!!! i do have a cake pan, but want to do what you did.

Maggie said...

hello from another maggie. what cute cakelets!

Shelby said...

I love your improvisation!

Christine said...

I like the way you did it better! Looks great!

Bungalow Barbara said...

Your little cakes look delightful!

Snooky doodle said...

these are cute and I bet they were yummy too :-)

Sophie said...

These are really cute! How fun, anything individual serving is easy to love, especially desserts :).

Rhandi said...

Yum! What a great idea, I can't wait to make this next year when plums are back in- I am book marking this recipe for sure!