October 21, 2008

TWD: Pumpkin Muffins

Things that make me happy: 

1. Breaking out my green, suede, flat, knee-high boots. 
2. Sleeping with a second blanket without waking up thinking I'm drowning in my own sweat. 
3. A working oven - finally!
4. Pumpkins as far as the eye can see.
5. Sweet, nutty pumpkin muffins to munch on while inching through three hours of traffic trying to get to the pumpkins as far as the eye can see.
6. Fall. I love fall. 


***

Pumpkin Muffins
Adapted from Baking: From My Home to Yours

I say "adapted" because I forgot to buy raisins and added extra walnuts instead. And because I forgot I was baking (I went too long without a working oven) and burned the nubby muffin tops a little. 

(This week's Tuesdays with Dorie selection was chosen by Kelly of Sounding My Barbaric Gulp. If you don't own Dorie's book, you can find the recipe for these muffins here. I just provide the pretty pictures of singed pastry.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the same things make me happy - except i don't have those great sounding boots. :)

Shelby said...

I love fall also. I love the crisp air and the great smell. I also loved these muffins!

Peggy said...

Oh sorry you burned a bit. You should try another batch! They are delicious and make your house smell so great while they are baking!