October 13, 2008

Where have I been?

I really don't know what happened. I'd been on a roll. Then my oven broke, school picked up, the world started to go to hell and poof! - suddenly it's October, the sun is setting at 6pm and my farmer's market is filled to the brim with goodies like bumpy pumpkins and crisp winter greens.


Have I mentioned how much I love winter greens? I haven't? Well, it's about time I did something about that. 

Not now, of course. I'm far to sleepy to go into it, especially since I haven't drafted any proper recipes or taken fun photos of the giant crisp leaves getting all bright and wilty in a hot skillet. 

Let me just say I've eaten Swiss chard twice in less than a week (a week during which I only cooked twice) and, quite honestly, I'm having a bit of a love affair with it. I know, it's just a leaf. But really, it's not. I promise I'll show you. 

In the meantime, I'll leave you with some of the best bits of fall. So far, at least.  

gnarly gourds

my new friend, Leon

an October sun setting over the Pacific

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's about time you come up for air. We've missed you.